Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Words from cousin Tati

Date: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 8:41 AM
Wow, I can't believe that my first transfer is almost over. I feel like I just got here.

Well today was thanks giving and we made a Baltic Turkey it was really funny trying to find one because everything is in Latvian and we know how to say turkey in Russian but not Latvian and so it was really hard to ask for one but we did find one but cost an arm and a leg it was 17 lats which is about 35 dollars. Everything here is so expensive and they are experiencing a big job loss there is very little work here so we teach a lot of people who are out of work. We had all of the elders in our district over for thanksgiving dinner and made it together it was so fun trying to find things to buy for thanks giving when all the food is different.

We are teaching a lot of people her and the more we teach the more I find myself grateful for America so many people here don't believe that God loves them or that they can talk to him because communism has taught them that the one is not important only the whole so they all believe that God loves everyone but not them.
>
Another sad thing they don't dream they are to afraid. We were helping this amazing young girl with her English and she had to write about what she wanted to do in life and she could not do it because she had never dreamed in her life. In America we all dream and we dream big but she was to afraid, it made me sad but we worked with her and she now has a dream a small one but it is getting bigger.

It snowed on Sunday and it was so bad that we could not see the building next to ours but it was alright because we were inside for most of it. the wind was also really strong and crazy I felt like I was going to blow away while I was waiting for the bus.

Another thing that really hit me here is people don't smile they just walk around all sad, so smile family and be happy that we live so free and that we have the gospel and can find joy and happiness in this life.
>
I love you all and have had a great week and can't wait to tell you more. o by the way I don't think I've seen the son once this week, and the son is pretty much gone by 3:00 but thanks the Baltics.

love
Tati

1 comment:

Shellyce said...

Thank you Nate for posting that, I loved it.